I've ordered by Cordoba and initially I had some issues.
1) The wheels were not true enough for me.
2) One of the tubes split along the seam while being inflated.
3) The freewheel was loud and sloppy.
I contacted their customer support and they resolved the wheel and tube issue. They advised me to take it to a local bike shop for truing and buy a new tube. They reimbursed me for the cost of truing the wheel and the new tube. Regarding the freewheel, it's of low quality. I purchased an aftermarket freewheel and the noise disappeared. You'll still get some noise because the frame is aluminum and it will pickup any sound from the drive train and amplify it. At the end, it's quieter than my road bike.
Build quality of the bike:
1) The frame build quality is very nice. I have friends with a Th***e bike and the Cordoba welds are cleaner without any gaps and smooth. It looks like carbon because of the smooth weld. Build Quality is 5 stars
2) The frame can fit Continental GP 5000 28c tires. It comes with Kenda 25c tires that are of good quality for OEM tire. If you have the rear wheel all the way forward in the drops, then it will rub the frame, but if you move it back 2mm, it will clear without any issues. The site lists 28c do not fit, but I can confirm they do fit Continental GP 5000 28c tires.
3) The handlebar tape thickness is thin. I would consider re-wrapping the handlebars if you like the shape of the bars
4) The seat is nice. Not to soft and not to hard. Just about the right size for me. I've taken it on multiple 50+ mile rides without any issues. Your mileage may vary.
5) The crank and chainring is decent. Nothing to complain about. The chainring and chain is 1/8. If you go 3/32, you'll need to swap out the chainring..
6) Kudo's for them including pedals, but I didn't use them at all. I had another set of clipless that I used instead.
7) Geometry is aggressive. It's more aggressive than my road bike. The stem is not flipped so it could be more aggressive if that's your requirement. I really like the aggressive feel of the bike.
8) Paint is durable. I've ridden it over 1000 miles since receiving it and I haven't had any issues. I didn't see any chips from rocks in the down tube area.
9) I wasn't expecting much from the wheelset. They are heavy and simple, but they roll very well. I was kind of surprised how well they roll and the 30mm height lends itself to cruising once it's up to speed. It feels heavy on my weight scale but they ride very well.
10) Power transfer is awesome. I can keep up with my roadie group without issue. The only downside with a fixie\single speed is the limited gear ratio, but If you're ok with high cadence, you'll love it.
Overall, I'm very impressed with the overall build quality and ride experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
These fenders look great on the bike! The matte black makes the bike color really stand out. Keeps road debris off me! There are two problems I have. The rear fender doesn't attach right. I had to bend the tab on top of the fender to make it work. The other problem is the total lack of instructions. I looked up pictures to figure it out.
I purchased this for my pace 500 and I love it! It fit perfectly over the fenders. It holds my loaded cargo bag with no problem. I really wish there were installation instructions.
I have had my bike for a week and almost have 100 miles on it. I use it for exercise and have found that it is geared perfectly for my area. We have some hills which allow for more physical effort to be put in to make it up but it really is nice to have the motor available if and when needed. I have found that the battery lasts a long time as well! Very happy with the purchase!
I got my Aventon 500 Pace about a week ago and have put about 50 miles on it. It's awesome and exceeded my expectations. It's a joy to ride. It was also easier to assemble than I anticipated. More was put together than I saw in the YouTube video and that is much appreciated.
Jul 22, 2020, 5:10 PM MST
Justin, I believe that the chain of the bike is too short, due to the noise it makes as I turn the pedals. The wheels seem to be unaligned and I can hear a noise coming from the crank, I do not know if it is loose or broken. Not good to be A brand new bike I think the price of the bike Has to be a lot less than $500 And I gave AVENTON three stars because the bike looks pretty good
We tried to assemble the bike ourselves. The instructions could have been much more straightforward. But we got to the point of attaching the handlebars. That’s where the instructions (written and on YouTube) failed us. We could not work out what to do (and we didn’t want to mess things up), so we took it to a bike shop. It has now been more than two weeks and the bike shop tells us that this is extremely complicated but they believe they can complete the “repair.” We pointed out that this was a brand new bike. What “repair” was necessary. We have been calling the shop for over a week. Hopefully, they get it done tonight. Otherwise, we’re picking it up tomorrow and shipping it back. Please don’t tell people that it’s straightforward to put together when technicians at a bike store describe it as a difficult process requiring their expertise.
So far the bike has worked out great.I spent about a year looking at what was available and the step-thur seemed to be the best choice.In 2 months I have put 750 miles on the bike and get about 45miles on a full battery charge.The power comes in an on-ff lurching manner and takes some getting used to.Outside of this the bike performs nicely for a bike in this price range.The bike came with a defective battery lock and I have not been able to remove the battery from the bike.This is a major problem for me which I immedatley brought to the attention of Aventon.I have been waiting almost 2 months for them to respond to the problem.I understand these are unpresidented times and it may be difficult to keep up with customer service and I am hopeful they will live up to the terms of their warranty,if not it would appear I should have purchased this bike else where.
I owned Trek madone 5.2, LOOK 595 Ultra and Felt B2 tri bike. I was hesitant to buy this bike, but I’m glad I did. This bike gets me back to enjoy riding again. I installed a child seat on top to rear rack for my 3 year old son, and it was a blast for both of us. I can go over 40 miles with pedal assist 3 most of the time.
I used it just to make sure the rear tire axle nuts where tight, which they where but this tool makes the job so much easier than using a wrench because the frame gets in the way. This tool is purpose built for this one task and does it great. I would buy it again if I had to do it over.
Bike was great and fun to ride until I got about 180 miles and the battery quit working. It’s been in the shop since June 24th still no answer on when I’ll have a new battery. Emailed company and still no response but you can order a new battery online and they will ship it out right away. The dealer where it came from can’t get answers either.
This perfectly fits the stepthrough Pace500 bike. The instructions were poor so we went to the website and looked at the photos as to which piece fit where.Once we did this,it fit perfectly
Blast those hills and those young whippersnappers. I am 70 yrs old and this bike give me that extra edge when battling the young 20 yrs olds on the steep hills. Their faces as I pass them on a hill: Priceless. I am 70 yrs old and it’s like having Soma to tackle those steep hills. The Aventon Level has delivered more than expected, first time on a E-bike and for a person who has lost a step through age this is a Bike Elixir. Thank you Aventon for getting me up for that challenge on the road and hills.
Very unhappy after waiting over 2 months the bikes were delivered damaged. Looks like they took a returned damaged bike and resent to me. Box damaged and re-taped and one bike was that was damaged Was not packed as the other bike, making me think this bike was a return and they just sent out to me. this bike was packed and shipped damaged not damaged during delivery. Very disappointed. Tried to call, mail box full not taking messages. You would think when a bike costs you $1400 ( and I bought 2) that you would have someone to contact...immediately. UPS says I have to contact Aventon but I can’t get anyone. Sad because looks like a well built bike, but without good customer service I hesitate reordering .