RAD POWER BIKES
At Aventon we pride ourselves in producing ebikes that deliver incredible value by offering high quality ebikes at a great price point without sacrificing on features, specifications & components.
Here is how we stack up against one of our most asked about competitors, Rad Power Bikes.
Aventon ebikes are specifically designed to be ebikes and therefore keep the controllers hidden within the frame keeping it protected with a much cleaner look.
AVAILABLE CLASS III EBIKES:
Class III models such as the Pace 500, Level and Aventure provide riders with higher speeds. Rad Power models top out at 20 MPH in Class II.
FULLY INTEGRATED BATTERY:
Allowing for a cleaner, more streamlined look and having a more traditional bike look.
HYDRAULIC DISK BRAKES:
You are riding with an electric motor. Higher speeds demand more powerful and reliable brakes. Majority of Aventon ebikes include upgraded hydraulic disc brakes.
MULTIPLE FRAME SIZES:
The majority of our ebikes not only offer a step-through version but also come in multiple size options to suit riders of different heights.
3 AMP FAST CHARGER:
Get back on the road, trail, sand or wherever you ride, faster with a 3 AMP Fast Charger shipped standard with every model.
OPTIONAL MOBILE APP INTEGRATION:
Riders can sync their ebikes with the Aventon Mobile App through our full color display for additional features like tracking rides, connecting with other Aventon riders and more. Learn more.
Rad Power Rad City
Aventon's Level and the Rad City by Rad Power are both urban-focused commuter ebikes, designed for replacing a car trip to work or school. Both ship with convenience features like fenders and a rear rack. The Level sells for $1799 vs. $1599 for the Rad City, a difference of $200. What do you get for your $200?
- Significantly faster speeds - Level is a Class III ebike on pedal assist, vs. Class II on the Rad City.
- Integrated battery and controller - They are integrated & hidden within the frame instead of hanging off & exposed to the elements outside of the frame providing a cleaner look & fewer cables to snag.
- Powerful hydraulic disc brakes vs. mechanical brakes found on the Rad City.
- 8 speed drivetrain on the Level vs. 7 speed on the Rad City.
- Total Payload capacity on the Level is 300 lbs. compared to 275 lbs. on the Rad City.
- Slightly larger tires to give you additional rotational inertia which allows you to hold speed better.
- Level offers multiple sized frames to provide riders with the best fit and most comfortable ride.
Aventon Pace 500
Rad Power Rad City
The Aventon Pace 500 offers several advantages compared to the Rad City such as:
- Significantly faster speeds reaching up to 28 MPH on pedal assist compared to 20 MPH on the Rad City.
- Integrated battery & hidden controller Integrated battery & hidden controller keeping the brain of the ebike protected and out of the elements.
- You'll notice the difference of the powerful hydraulic disc brakes for superior stopping power from ebike speeds.
- Pace 500 includes a 3 Amp faster charger vs. the 2 Amp charger included with Rad Power bikes, so you'll be done charging even faster.
- Pace 500 also uses a higher-end 8 speed drivetrain vs. the 7 speed drivetrain on the Rad City.
- Option to choose between 2-3 different sizes to offer a more comfortable fit. Rad Power only offers a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Total payload capacity is 300 lbs. on the Pace 500 vs the Rad City's limit is 275 lbs.
Rad Power Rad Mini
Aventon's Sinch sells for $1,699 and Rad Power Rad Mini sells for $1,499, and both are folding ebikes with fat tires and suspension forks. How do the features stack up?
- Sinch uses a significantly more robust hinge and locking mechanism on the folding frame.
- Both the battery and controller on the Sinch are completely integrated and hidden inside the frame for a clean look vs having the exposed components on the Rad Mini.
- Sinch uses 4" wide tires for additional comfort, grip and control vs. the 3" tires on the Rad Mini.
- Total payload capacity is 300 lbs. on the Sinch vs 275 lbs. on the Rad Mini
The two bikes have the same battery capacity and motor wattage, and both models have Class II pedal assist plus throttle. Sinch has a thin, very readable display, like your cell phone. Sinch also includes our upgraded 3 Amp fast charger, for faster charging compared with the Rad Mini 2 Amp charger. Sinch has been identified as one of the best foldable electric bikes!
Rad Power Rad Radrover
Both ebikes are fat tire ebikes that combines ruggedness with comfort however the Aventure gives you more in just about every category for your money.
- Everything is fully integrated in the Aventure - controller, battery and lights are housed within the bike frame protecting vital components plus making it look much cleaner.
- Higher capacity battery - 720Wh on the Aventure vs 672Wh on the RadRover.
- You get 8 gear drivetrain on the Aventure vs 7 on the Rad Rover.
- Top adjustable speed of up to 28MPH vs 20MPH.
- Comes standard with a full color display with intuitive navigation that can be synced to the Aventon phone app.
- Choose between 2-3 different sizes for just the right fit plus more color options.
- High quality metal fenders vs plastic ones found on Rad Rover.
- Much more! To see a full side by side comparison of components, specs and performance, visit our comparison article.