The Abound Handrail was designed with high-quality aluminum construction, that can support a weight capacity of up to 143 lbs, and is designed to fit children from 5-10 years old.
- Black finish
- Material made of aluminum
- Dimensions: L720mm - W610mm - H575mm
- Compatible with Abound electric bikes only
- Compatible with the Thule Yepp Nexxt Maxi Rack Mount Child Seat, for riders of smaller proportions
What People Are Saying
My grandkids felt very safe with this handrail
We are happy to hear, we appreciate the feedback!
Perfect for our 8 year old daughter with special needs. Easy assembly and we just did 10.6 miles and she was screaming woo hoo all the way
That's fantastic to hear! We're so glad to hear that the add-on was easy to assemble and that your daughter enjoyed her ride.
My 8 and 4 year old love ride with me together and the handrail helps us all feel safe. I attached a bell to the railing and the kids can ring it at their pleasure.
Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear the handrail has met your expectations! We appreciate your feedback. Ride more, be happy!
The title basically sums it up: once the handrail is installed, it's fantastic. My kid loves riding on the back of the Abound and it is a joy to ride! But it comes with no instructions (and neither does the seat). It is FAIRLY obvious how to install it but it caused me some initial confusion and I am a trained bike tech (I've built many road and gravel bikes on my own and do my own maintenance).
Construction is very sturdy, however, and there really is only one way for it to go on the back of the bike.
Steps to keep in mind:
1) Put the handrail together first with the included "tubes" before attempting to mount. You'll need to SQUEEZE it together to make sure the holes align properly for the bolts (the shorter ones) and washers to thread properly.
2) Save the LONGER bolts (of which there two) for mounting on the BACK of the rack.
3) Then mount the completed handrail to the rear rack BEFORE you strap on the child seat. The longer bolts thread through the bottom of the back of the rack up into the handrail. The front then bolts in the FRONT (it'll make sense once you configure it properly).
That's it - a one pager with some pictures would be nice. Otherwise, excellent.
Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate the feedback. We upload instructional videos to our YouTube channel. Should you ever need help please feel free to reach out to our support team.
Works as expected. Would be nice if it had included instructions, as it directly concerns my children’s safety.
Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear the handrail has worked for you. We appreciate your feedback. Ride more, be happy!