Locate and arrange all the parts found in FAIRFAX CRANKSET Package.
- Crank Arm (Drive Side)
- Crank Arm (Non-Drive Side)
- 46/48T Chain Ring
- GXP Style Bottom Bracket
- Crank Bolt (Drive Side)
- Wavy Washer (Non-Drive Side)
- Crank Bolt Cover (Non-Drive Side)
The following are the tools you will need to install the FAIRFAX CRANKSET. If you don't own these tools, you can find them at your local hardware store.
- 8MM Allen Key
- 10MM Allen Key
- GXP BB Installation Tool
- Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease
• Apply Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease to the surface of the threading on both the drive and non-drive side GXP Style Bottom Bracket cups. • Apply Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease to the drive and non-drive side Bottom Bracket Threads inside your frame.
Note: The first image shows how to apply grease to the surface, the second image shows both cups greased, and the third shows greasing of your frame's BB threads.STEP FOUR
• Begin threading in the Drive Side Bottom Bracket cup by hand. • After your Drive Side BB cup is in place, use your GXP BB Install Tool to tighten the Drive Side BB cup more securely.
Note: First Image- Pay attention to the arrow present on the BB cup, thread into BB in the arrows direction. Second Image- Use your GXP Install Tool on the BB Cup.STEP FIVE
• Begin threading in the Non-Drive Side Bottom Bracket cup by hand. • After your Non-Drive Side BB cup is in place, use your GXP BB Install Tool to tighten the Non-Drive Side BB cup more securely.
Note: First Image- Pay attention to the arrow present on the BB cup, thread into BB in the arrows direction. Second Image- Use your GXP Install Tool on the BB Cup. Third Image- Both BB cups installed.STEP SIX
• Apply a light amount of Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease onto the Drive Side Crank Spindle as shown. • Align and press in the Drive Side Spindle into the center of the Drive Side Cup until you see the end of the spindle showing through the Non-Drive Side Cup.
Note: First image shows greasing, second image shows the spindle showing through the Non-Drive Side Cup.STEP SEVEN
• Place Wavy Washer on the Non-Drive Side Spindle • Align Non-Drive Side Crank Arm so the arm is facing the opposite direction from the Drive Side Crank Arm. (see picture for example)
Note: Second picture shows how to apply Non-Drive Side Crank Arm properly; Going the opposite direction the Drive Side Crank Arm does.
• Grease Non-Drive Side Crank Bolt • Using the 8mm Allen Key, begin threading the Non-Drive Side Bold into the crank arm spindle. • Tighten using the 8mm Allen Key until the Wavy Washer becomes fully flattened
Note: First three images show how to install using the 8mm Allen Key, the fourth image shows the wavy washer flattened and when to stop tightening.
• Grease Non-Drive Side Crank Bolt Cover and thread onto Non-Drive Side Crank Arm with 10MM Allen Key • Wipe excess grease off crankset and you're done! • Get on the streets and enjoy!