Locate and arrange all the parts found in FAIRFAX CRANKSET Package.
The following are the tools you will need to install the FAIRFAX CRANKSET. If you don't own these tools, you can find them at your local hardware store.
• Apply Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease to the surface of the threading on both the drive and non-drive side GXP Style Bottom Bracket cups. • Apply Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease to the drive and non-drive side Bottom Bracket Threads inside your frame.
Note: The first image shows how to apply grease to the surface, the second image shows both cups greased, and the third shows greasing of your frame's BB threads.STEP FOUR
• Begin threading in the Drive Side Bottom Bracket cup by hand. • After your Drive Side BB cup is in place, use your GXP BB Install Tool to tighten the Drive Side BB cup more securely.
Note: First Image- Pay attention to the arrow present on the BB cup, thread into BB in the arrows direction. Second Image- Use your GXP Install Tool on the BB Cup.STEP FIVE
• Begin threading in the Non-Drive Side Bottom Bracket cup by hand. • After your Non-Drive Side BB cup is in place, use your GXP BB Install Tool to tighten the Non-Drive Side BB cup more securely.
Note: First Image- Pay attention to the arrow present on the BB cup, thread into BB in the arrows direction. Second Image- Use your GXP Install Tool on the BB Cup. Third Image- Both BB cups installed.STEP SIX
• Apply a light amount of Bike Grease/Anti-Sieze Grease onto the Drive Side Crank Spindle as shown. • Align and press in the Drive Side Spindle into the center of the Drive Side Cup until you see the end of the spindle showing through the Non-Drive Side Cup.
Note: First image shows greasing, second image shows the spindle showing through the Non-Drive Side Cup.STEP SEVEN
• Place Wavy Washer on the Non-Drive Side Spindle • Align Non-Drive Side Crank Arm so the arm is facing the opposite direction from the Drive Side Crank Arm. (see picture for example)
Note: Second picture shows how to apply Non-Drive Side Crank Arm properly; Going the opposite direction the Drive Side Crank Arm does.
• Grease Non-Drive Side Crank Bolt • Using the 8mm Allen Key, begin threading the Non-Drive Side Bold into the crank arm spindle. • Tighten using the 8mm Allen Key until the Wavy Washer becomes fully flattened
Note: First three images show how to install using the 8mm Allen Key, the fourth image shows the wavy washer flattened and when to stop tightening.
• Grease Non-Drive Side Crank Bolt Cover and thread onto Non-Drive Side Crank Arm with 10MM Allen Key • Wipe excess grease off crankset and you're done! • Get on the streets and enjoy!